Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Change is inevitable, resistance is futile

We live in an amzing country. That I discovered very recently. I am a born and bred local boy, but you know how it is, a person's heart is always on about leaving the country and plying your trade somewhere else. I have quite a few friends and family spread accross the globe and I always envied them for being able to just bounce and be gone, just like that.
Until I started looking at the amazing oportunities they are passing up and rather running off to go do these very things in a different country. We are living in what most people would call a historically hedgemonic society/country. Now appart from using big words, I can also explain them, hedgemony basically means, the subjection of one group to various tactics like intimidation, threats of violence or violence itself, to achieve the objectives of another group. And obviously we all know the history of apartheid and whatever goes along with that. Anyhow, so we have passed from one hedgemonic stage to another, where we are "led" by a group who feels themselves the "liberators" of this country and now this then automatically intitles them to certain views and actions. This also then creates a sictuation where another group's views/opinions, are now suppressed by various means. I therefore see a change in the atmosphere that we have come to accept as the status quo. I remember my days of political activism and how I had to hide from the cops who were hell bent on our irradication as "terrorists". And the funny thing is, I was never part of the so called "liberators" group, I was just compelled by my need to see my nation freed from the intelectual and physical oppression.

Anyhow, so jump 15 years later and you find a country at the precipace of a great new era. We have been democrated (my word) since 1994, where I finally had an opportunity to choose who I want to lead my into liberation. Unfortunately, that all changed as we got people who had their own agenda's and objectives, we now find these very people at each other's throats. Well lemme just end for now and say, THERE'S A BIG CHANGE COMING, WHERE GOOD OR BAD, WE CAN CHOOSE.

Be prepared, be informed, be the change

No comments: